Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oreo Melt

This story occurs on a nice Sunday afternoon. We were home from church and had begun to make lunch.

ET what do you want for lunch?

Oreomelt.

Buddy, you need to eat something else before you can eat oreos. How about some chicken nuggets?

No, I want oreomelt.

Oreos and milk?

No, oreomelt. I am completely wracking my brains at this point. What on earth is oreomelt?

What about some of that yummy meat you liked?

No, I want oreomelt. We are on the verge of a major meltdown at this point. Daddy comes in to help figure it out. At one point ET agrees to Ramen Noodles, but then reverts to oreomelt. We keep offering other foods and he insists on oreomelt.

ET is starting to actually cry in frustration. Then, in the midst of my chaotic thought process, I remember that he had had oatmeal for breakfast.

ET, you mean oatmeal?

Yeah, I want oatmeal.

Calm begins to resume after the miscommunication has ended. A simple mispronunciation can be the end of the world to a three year old.

1 comment:

AAC said...

I have had similar experiences :)
The pictures are very sweet. ME is beautiful.