Friday, October 10, 2008

Music is a BIG part of my life!!!

I know, most of this blog is about my kids. But hey, maybe it's time I made a front stage appearance on my own blog. Those who know me well know that I love music and love to sing. I finally gave in and created a playlist. (Sorry to those of you who hate being assaulted by music on blogs.)

You'll see that I have a few songs from Wicked. You can thank Paul and Kyla for that. I really like the single version of Defying Gravity. Steven Schwartz is an incredible composer. I was kind of upset that I couldn't find Stranger to the Rain. Some of the more current songs are a bit obvious, but you may not know the Dan Fogelberg songs. Longer, I just flat out love the melodies, harmonies and lyrics.

Leader of the Band is a little more special to me. The lyrics, especially the last verse, remind me quite a lot of my father. Sometimes I get all teared up listening to it. Apparently I'm not the only one of my siblings that feels this way about the song. I recall bringing it up once, and then having a great discussion about the mutual love of our dad and the song. (By the way Justin, Mike, Aimee and Paul, I have the sheet music so we could sing it for Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary.)

2 comments:

Paul and Kyla said...

Paul just had me listen to the "Leader of the Band". That would be awesome for you guys to sing to Dad.
Glad to see you are hooked to Wicked like the rest of us! Hope you guys are doing well.

carli k said...

Leader of the Band doesn't remind me of anyone and I STILL tear up when I listen to it - really, how can you not? Thanks for admitting to it and finally letting me out of the closet...
Quite a few song s on your playlist I haven't heard. Thanks!
miss you