Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bye bye!!!

Our poor Maya has developed some allergies. Unfortunately, those allergies were triggered by our dog, Belle. While Belle has been an energetic, happy part of our family, we needed to put Maya's needs first.

Sadly, yesterday we sent Belle to live with someone else. A lady in Pennsylvania has a ranch and a soft spot for Scottish Terriers. So now Belle is off barking at horses and playing with other dogs.

Ethan is taking the news quite well. He said good bye to her without tears. He later asked if we could go visit Belle. (I hate those moments when you feel like you should lie to your kids.) I told him no, she's not our dog anymore. Besides, I don't know where in Pennsylvania or the name of the lady as our vet acted as an intermediary.

Maya might be more upset if she were not already distressed about 2 new teeth coming in. Poor princess. I found them this morning and realized that was the cause of her decreased appetite and slightly less cheerful demeanor.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am sorry about Belle. She was such a great dog. It is nice you could find a good home for her. I bet she will love running around a ranch.