Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gas Prices Six Years Ago

Most of you who know us are also aware that we moved to the east coast 6 years ago. The time has absolutely flown, especially the last four years with our little ones.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out a binder to reuse and found an interesting scrap of paper. It was an envelope on which we had written our gas expenses from our move out here. We noted the town where we filled up, how many miles we had traveled, the number of gallons put in and the total price of the purchase. I'll list some of the gas prices per gallon below.

Green River, WY $1.239
North Platte, NE $1.699
Omaha, NE $1.369
Peoria, IL $1.349
London, OH $1.319
Annandale, VA $1.359

That trip cost us $305.75 in all. At not quite 3 times the gas prices now, that same trip in a moving truck, towing a car at 10 mpg, we would spend about $825.55. Oh, the good old days!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Those prices are amazing. I think I want to go back in time, at least for gas. I guess I should have stocked up on a few million gallons back then.